Search my blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

King George Project

I am immersed in a creative collaborative sculpture project called "Under The Prairie Sky" with Calgary Board of Education - King George School students and staff right now.  It's an incredible experience and I am looking forward to sharing more here soon. I am in a three day artist residence, with the students hammering textures onto metal plates for a sculpture that we designed together.  It's been so interesting as they challenged me to include elements in the sculpture that I had not considered, and there were other elements that we agreed on from the start.  I love this kind of collaborative work.

The King George school's website for the naturalization project that this sculpture is part of :  http://schools.cbe.ab.ca/b221/naturalization.htm

I believe there will be more information about the sculpture portion posted on the King George School site  soon.

I am looking forward to working with the students for Day 2 tomorrow!

2 comments:

Miss Toh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Geoff Sandhurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.