Search my blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Repair Work and Custom Bases for sculpture in Ivory, Jade, Baleen and soapstone

Soapstone Caribou with Metal Antlers I designed and Built 
Although I am an artist and create my own work, I am also passionate about repair work that I complete for clients.  It's an honour  to handle these pieces.  The research is challenging and interesting.


Soapstone caribou before adding antlers

Twisted Seal - after fixing chips  and making custom base
I meticulously repair each piece to the specifications requested by my clients.  I  also custom design bases in a variety of materials, such as plexiglass and metal to enhance the sculptures and give them stability.

Here are some examples of recent sculptures I have had the pleasure to either repair and add bases to or just add bases.

Twisted Seal - Before repair/polish

Whale Shaman after custom base added

Whale Shaman before custom base








  

No comments: