Search my blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

A Little Bit of History

In 2005, I completed a commission for a Calgary couple. It was a 11 1/2 ' w x 6 1/2' h wall map of three provinces with 6 symbols. along the bottom a train sat on a train track with trestle bridges. The oil pump jack and the train had moving parts, until I had to weld the moving wheels of the train to the train track. Pictured here are the full map and the 6 of the symbols.

I thought the sculpture would be finished in 6 months, but it took a year. At the time, I was working full time and creating sculpture after work in the evenings and weekends. I appreciated the couple's patience and kindness. Creating this sculpture was pivotal in convincing me that I was ready to sculpt full time. Thank you!

PHOTO CREDIT FOR SYMBOLS - DAVE CORRY - FILM FARM






No comments: