Search my blog

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Creative Kids Museum

It's time to load in at the Creative Kids Museum at TELUS World of Science – Calgary . I am looking forward to my time as the Artist in Residence from Nov 11 - Dec 13. Please stop by and visit!

I had a wonderful experience at the 1st Birthday for the Creative Kids Museum at TELUS World of Science – Calgary. We worked on a collaborative sculpture I designed to celebrate the first anniversary. Corinne (my wife) and I brought in 4 tree stumps generously donated by Aerial Tree Services in Calgary. Guests at the party helped me with the creation of the sculpture by texturing leaves and butterfly wings with texturing hammers I made for the evening. I am bringing the sculpture with me for my residency in Nov/Dec to have the last of the pieces textured. Then I will finish up welding the pieces on the sculpture frames dipicting the boy and girl looking through a magnifying glass. Once it is complete, I'll bring the sculpture back to the Creative Kids Museum. I think the sculpture goes on display at the Museum until the next birthday party and then it will be auctioned off at the fundraiser. Thank you to everyone that's helped out so far.

No comments: