Search my blog

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Artist Space and CKM scupture - The Boy


I have now welded on the textured leaves on the Creative Kids Museum's collaborative sculpture. I am putting pads on the back of the sculpture and spraying on a protective coating today.

This is the first part video of the my set up at Artist Space at the Creative Kids Museum at the TELUS World of Science, Calgary. Corinne, my wife, is narrating. Sorry, we are just filming on a little digital camera. Short videos and poor sound quality, but it does give you an idea of what I was doing at the CKM, if you didn't get a chance to visit.

I will be in on Dec 9, 10 and 11 for my final 3 days at the CKM.

It's been an incredible experience. Thank you to all that stopped by while I was there. Thank you to The Creative Kids Museum for accepting my proposal to be a short term artist-in-residence. I highly recommend the experience for other artists. I have come away having learned to work under observation, how to do workshops with small groups and have increased my comfort level talking to people of all ages. I have been inspired by the interest, curiousity and questions posed to me during my residency. Thank you again to the CKM and the incredible families that visit!


No comments: